Education and qualifications
Partner CLAIMS BALKANS, Patent Attorney Reg. No. 1817
- Alexey graduated from Saint Petersburg State University (2011); Alexey holds a Master of Laws degree.
- Alexey is currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Law at Saint Petersburg State University; Alexey's research topic is preventing unfair competition.
- Alexey is the author of several publications in academic and business journals. Alexey has been teaching legal courses related to intellectual property since 2014.
- Alexey is a member of The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and The International Trademark Association (INTA) since 2017.
- Alexey has more than eight years of experience, including five years of experience in a company dealing with intellectual property matters, and more than three years of experience in a Big 4 firm.
Projects and practice
Alexey’s extraordinary experience in legal protection of intellectual property allows to:
- Protect brands in Russia and foreign jurisdictions through registration of different types of trademarks, including non-traditional trademarks—positional, color, three-dimensional, and motion marks.
- Protect well-known trademarks.
- Conduct expert assessment of similarity of trademarks for judicial and administrative procedures.
- Support legal aspects of patent procedures and know-how protection.
- Carry out complex legal analysis of IP protection and prepare strategies for elimination of identified risks.
- Establish Intellectual property rights and protection in the field of science, technology, and IT.
- Manage projects relating to structuring and supporting transactions concerning intellectual property assets.
- Litigate cases concerning intellectual property (Intellectual Property Court, State Arbitration and General Courts, the Chamber for Patent Disputes, and antimonopoly authorities).
- Develop and implement legal positions influencing establishment of law enforcement practice in the Presidium of the Russian Intellectual Property Court.